Saturday 5 April 2008

Circular No 335





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 5 of April 2008, No. 335

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

These Circulars are being sent out this week end in a one two three set, because I finally have a moment of rest??

Hope that you are using a Server that has storage capacity!!

Now a set of emails from those that have Spanish as their mother language.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 22:31:13 -0800

From: miguelangelluongo@yahoo.com

Salvador,

Claro que acuerdo de ti, pero mucho más de Pedro tu hermano que es mas o menos de mi misma edad (53 años) a ambos los recuerdo con mucho cariño y lo hice muy especialmente hace poco, pues dormí en el Hotel Astoria.

Recuerdan que mi mamá se puso de acuerdo con la de ustedes para que yo enviara mis cartas Trinidad- Venezuela al Hotel Astoria pues no llegaban a la hacienda de mis padres en Cumanacoa donde yo vivía entonces.

Pues si me gustaría saber de ustedes y tambien de la Sra. Coscarart, quien siempre tan amble con mis padres y conmigo.

Me gustaría verlos cuando vengan a Venezuela, o cuando yo vaya al Golfo de donde dices no sales por tanto trabajo.

Mi dirección es: Calle Oriente , Qta El Conuco, Urb. Prados del Este. Caracas y mis teléfonos: Hab 058-212-9773161 y mi celular es 058-412-7235822.

por favor envíenme los teléfonos y dirección de ustedes también.

Me gusto mucho la foto que me enviaste donde aparecen tu y Pedro.

Parece que estamos viejos.

Espera que veas las mías, allí verán a mi hija Helena, quien tiene 8 años, a mi novia, Dulce Márquez, que no puedo decir su edad, porque me mata y un amigo que se coló en la foto que también se llama Pedro (se las envié también a Attila con un pequeño mensaje).

Saludos y un fuerte abrazo.

Fue grato saber de ustedes.

Espero prontas noticias.

Naturally I remember you, but much more of Pedro your brother who is more or less of my same age (53 years) both I remember with much affection and I did it very especially recently, because I slept in the Astoria Hotel.

Remember that my mother got into agreement with you so that the letters that I sent from Trinidad- Venezuela would go to the Astoria Hotel because they did not arrive at the property of my parents in Cumanacoa where I then lived.

I would like to also know of you and also of Mrs. Coscarart, who was always so nice with my parents and me.

I world like to see you when you come to Venezuela, or when I shall go to the Gulf where you say that you do not leave because of lots of work.

I like very much the photo that you sent to me where you appear and Pedro.

It seems that we are old.

Wait when you see mine, there you will see my daughter Helena, who is 8 years old, my fiancee, Dulce Márquez, whose age I cannot say, because she would kill me and a friend who is in the photo also is called Pedro (I also sent them to Attila with a small message).

Greetings and a strong hug.

He was pleasing to know about you.

I wait for the quick news.

Miguel Angel

(But you did not send the photo to the CIRCULAR!!! Ed.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

raul leoni ...

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 9:35:28 PM

Saludos a todos,

En primer lugar les informo que efectivamente Enrique Gomez murió hace un par de años pero no murió en ningun bar de España, murió de un infarto en Caracas o Cumana (no recuerdo bien).

Tanto el como Cheche estaban en Form III cuando todos nosotros estábamos en Form I (Phillip, Andres, Roberto,Fulvio, yo, uno de los Montiel que si mal no recuerdo era Gonzalo, etc.)

De paso Andres, no vivo en West Palm Beach sino en Broward County y pronto en Caracas nuevamente y el nombre es Raul Andres Leoni Fernandez, no se de donde sacaste lo de Escobar pero no estabas muy lejos de todas maneras.

De nuevo un abrazo a todos y mis mejores deseos para este año 2008.

Raul

Greetings to all,

In the first place I inform you that indeed Enrique Gomez died a pair of years ago but he did not die in a bar in Spain, he died of a heart attack in Caracas or Cumana (I do not remember well).

He and Cheche they were in Form III when all of us were in Form I (Phillip, Andres, Robert, Fulvio, I, one of the Montiel if my memory serves me right was Gonzalo, etc.)

What happened Andres, I do not live in West Palm Beach but in Broward County and soon in Caracas again and the name is not Raul Andres Leoni Fernandez, I do not know where you took Escobar, but you were not too far anyway.

Again a hug to all and my better desires for this year 2008.

Attila

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Andres Larsen <andres_larsen@yahoo.com> wrote:

04 April 2006

Wow, you are fast, now I'll really have to get off my butt time permitting and try to trace Rommel Rosero for you with the local Colegio de Ingenieros.

I'll give you progress reports on whether I make any headway or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Attila GYURIS <gyuris@yahoo.com> wrote:

Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:44:08 -0700 (PDT)

Acaba de hablar con el Raul Andres Leoni Fernandez, hijo del Ex-Presidente de Venezuela, Raul Leoni..

El esta bien y vive en Weston FL (West of Ft Lauderdale en Broward Co.).

Se dedica a la venta de real estate (bienes raices) con Century 21.

Esta ademas con una compañia de inversiones de bienes raizes, Cafer & Company Inc . tambien de Weston. Esta tramitando la residencia estadounidense.

Su esposa se llama Maria Alejandra.

I have recently talked to Raul Andres Leoni Fernandez, Son of ExPresident of Venezuela, Raul Leoni.

He is well and lives in Weston, Fl. (West of Ft. Lauderdale en Broward Co.)

He is dedicated to the sales of real estate with 21 Century.

Also works in a real estate brokerage company.

His wife is Aria Alejandra.

Aquí están los datos de Raul Leoni para incluirlo en la base de datos:

Home:(954) 217-1347

Celular: 954-608-3667

email: Raul3153@hotmail.com

El estudió en el Abbey School por dos años (1965-1967)

También me comento que Enrique Gomez se murió hace dos años de un ataque cardiaco, y que el tenia las direcciones de los compañeros del Oriente, por ejemplo los Mezzana, los Malaver y varios otros, y que los enviara para incluirlos en el circular.

He studied at the Abbey School for two years (1965-1967).

He also commented that Enrique Gomez died two years ago of a heart attack, and that he had the addresses of his classmates from Oriente, an example the Mezzana, the Malaver and various others, and he shall send them to the Circular for inclusion.

Attila Gyuris

(No addresses have been received. Ed.)

*************************************************************

Andres Larsen <andres_larsen@yahoo.com> wrote:

Apr 04, 2006

Laszlo esta tratando de conseguir alguna dirección de Raulcito para contactarle y enviarle las Circulares de Mount, pero supongo que la dirección de el en West Fort Lauderdale no sale en donde sale la foto.

Estoy pendiente contigo para telefonear al Colegio de Ingenieros de Venezuela para rastrear a Rommel Rosero.

Laszlo is trying to procure the address of Raulcito to contact him and to send him the Circular of Mount, but I suppose that his address is in West Fort Lauderdale does not leave where it leaves the photo.

I am pending with you to telephone the School of Engineers of Venezuela to look for Rommel Rosero.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attila GYURIS <gyuris@yahoo.com> wrote:

Apr 03, 2006

Vaya,...Parece que todo el mundo que pueda se esta mudando a la Florida!.

Si es que tengo las fechas bien, durante mi segundo año en el Mount (Sep 1965) llego el Raul Leoni (hijo).

Le tocó la cama al lado mió en el dormitorio de los small boys, (despues que convirtieran a la capillita original al dormitorio de los de Prep A y Form I.)

Durante esa época había una actividad guerrillera intensa en Venezuela y Raul Leoni padre, el Presidente de Venezuela (1964-1969), me parece que su padre temia por la seguridad de su hijo, asi que lo mandó a Trinidad a estudiar ingles hasta que se calmaran las cosas.

Creo que estuvo en el Mount solo por un año (año escolar 1965-1966), pero no estoy seguro...

Con el Raulcito vinieron varios hijos de oficiales del gobierno de Venezuela, como el hijo del Ministro de Defensa (Enrique Gomez) y el hijo de un comandante de la marina de guerra (Becerra), y del juez de la corte suprema de justicia.

Me acuerdo que el Raul Jr siempre hablada de sus aventuras en el campo de su hacienda cerca de Upata en el Edo Bolivar. (Su papa habia sido senador por ese estado antes de ser elegido presidente).

El era muy muy vaquero.

El me enseño a usar el lazo de los llaneros en el Mount para lazear (?) las vacas.

Me acuerdo que practicabamos con una sogas de los scouts tratando de enlazar la cabeza de todos los que se dejaban.

También me acuerdo la emoción en el aeropuerto Maiquetia, mientras estábamos en la sala de espera, el mismo Presidente Leoni llegaba con gran pompa para acompañar y despedir a su hijo antes de montarnos al avión rumbo a Piarco.

En una ocasión Raulcito me presento a su papa.

Ahí tuve la oportunidad de conocer al Presidente de Venezuela personalmente, aunque yo era muy jovencito para apreciar la importancia de eso.

Raul Leoni hijo ahora esta viviendo en Weston, FL y creo que sigue activo en al politica de oposicion en el exterior.

Anexo envio una foto mas reciente de él.

No ha cambiado mucho, solo se puso mas calvo y mas viejo (como todos nosotros.).

Lo voy a contactar a ver que pasa.

It looks that all the world that can is moving to Florida.

If I have the dates all right, during my second year in the Mount (Sep 1965) Raul Leoni (son) arrived.

He had the bed next to mine in the dormitory of small boys, (after they turned the original chapel to the dormitory of Prep A and Form I.

During that era there was intense guerrilla activity in Venezuela and Raul Leoni father, the President of Venezuela (1964-1969), it seemed to me that his father feared for the security of its son, so he sent to Trinidad to study English until things calmed.

I believe that he was at the Mount for a single year (scholastic year 1965-1966), but I am not sure...

With the Raulcito came several children of officials from the government of Venezuela, like the son of the Minister of Defense (Enrique Gomez) and the son of the commander of the Navy (Becerra), and of the judge of the Supreme Court of justice.

I remember that the Raul Jr always spoken of his adventures in the field at his property near Upata in the Edo Bolivar. (His father had been Senator by that State before being chosen President).

He was very very cowboy.

He taught us to use the lasso of the llaneros at the Mount to lasso the cows.

I rememeber that we practiced with scout ropes trying to connect the head of all those that would let us.

Also I remember with emotion in the Maiquetia airport, while we were in the waiting room, the President Leoni arrived with great pomp to accompany and to say good bye to his son before we mounted on the airplane to Piarco.

In an occasion Raulcito presented us his father.

There I had the opportunity to meet the President of Venezuela personally, although I was very young to appreciate the importance of that.

Raul Leoni son now this living in Weston, FL and I believe that he is active in the politics of opposition outside the country.

Annexed I am sending a recent photo of him.

He has not changed much, only got bald and older (like all us).

I am going it to contact him to see what happens.

Attila

**********************************************************************Andres Larsen <andres_larsen@yahoo.com> wrote:

Apr 03, 2006

Entiendo de la Mama de los Lew que ellos 2 se mudaron a Florida pero no se a que parte. Ya lo averiguare.

El otro según Laszlo que se mudo pero a Miami fue Raul Leoni (Jr.) Escobar.

Me acuerdo, aparte de que Doña Menca nos visitaba a veces, que los Leoni tenían una hacienda ganadera en Upata, Edo. Bolivar, no lejos de El Manteco en la via hacia Santa Elena de Uairen.

I understand from Lew´s mother that the two of them moved to Florida but I do not know to which part. I shall find out.

The other according to Laszlo moved to Miami was Raul Leoni (Jr.).

I remember, aside from that Doña Menca visited to us sometimes, that the Leoni had a cattle ranch in Upata, Edo. Bolivar, not far from the EL Manteco on the road towards Santa Elena de Uairen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Rhoda Kratz ...

Monday, January 14, 2008 12:25:52 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hope all is well with you and your family.

My brother Neil Charles went Trinidad for the Christmas he did not see much mount boys , just Winston and Jimmy Samaroo I keep in touch with Alfredo Seaforth, he lives Venezuela and went mount sometimes Jimmy and me write each other take care.

Rhoda

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be easier if the correspondences would be in English but you can count on my poor translation.

Ladislao

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos:

07RL0001RLE, Raul Leoni

06RC0067NCHGRP, Neil Charles and sister Rhoda and.......

06AL0001ALAR, Andres Larsen in Guigue near Lake Valencia.

64UN0001AGYFDAY, Attila Gyuris and father on his first day at school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





No comments: