Saturday 12 April 2008

Circular No 336





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 12 of April 2008, Circular No. 336

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

Here is the third Circular of this Week, is your INBOX bursting??

It has been a long time since I have heard from Don. Are you there???
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salvador Coscarart <salborbolla@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hola hermanos como están y felicidades.

Si Patiño era el flaco que era muy rápido era veloz ese carajo era de caracas.

Carlos Maneiro esta en contacto con Miguel Angel Luongo.

Yo también estuve en contacto con Natividad Cabello quien es hermano de Winston Cabello y primo de Miguel Angel Luongo que era de Cumanacoa, Edo Sucre.

Como ustedes pueden ver en las direcciones yo ya le mande una carta a Miguel Angel para tratar de hacer contacto directo con el así que espero que me conteste, y yo se los re-envió a ustedes.

También estaba Frank Ibarra que era el sobrino de doña Menca de Leoni, y Manuel Becerra y los hermanos Borges.

También estaba en esa época el negro Monterola, Enrique Aranguren que su papa era el guarda de Rafael Caldera.

El profesor de Prep en esa época se llama Mr Mark, que nosotros lo llamábamos el gorila.

Los nombres que yo me acuerdo aparte de los de ustedes son: un tal Arreaza, otro que lo llamábamos barrilito que el Bro. Zua lo atropello con el Volkswagen van .

También estaba José Maria Acosta de Anaco, Bartolo de Anaco, Gustavo Echeverria y Xavier Echeverria (chechito) lo llamabamos nosotros.

Gonzalo Montiel que se jodio una ves en el trampolín en la piscina, a ver si alguien se acuerda de esto, Gonzalo.

También estaba un Picoli que era de la época de Rafael Echeverria.

También había un Jose Rivera de Caracas que lo llamábamos trotu .

También estaba Raúl Izquierdo si alguien se acuerda de Raul que era de Saint Anthony.

Los del Tigre eran Frank Malave, Jose Malave, de El Tigrito estaban los hermanos Edgar y Eloy Moffie.

De margarita estaba Pedro Mata.

También había un ingles que se llamaba Butterworth,y un francés que lo llamábamos frenchy.

Y un argentino que vivía en Caracas también el gringo Gabriel Batista.

También Lawrence Town, que era la época de Fulvio y Rafael y Picoli y Bartolo otro italiano de Pto La Cruz era Giorgio Medico.

Bueno los nombre me llegan a la cabeza cuando me transporto al pasado jajajjajaja.

Yo y mi hermano Pedro éramos de Cumana y teníamos el Hotel Astoria.

También estaban los hermanos Dvorak y los hermanos Rockafort, Carlos y ? ....

Gustavo Achong y Mario Gaston, Arturo Zavarce, Francisco Rozas, Carlos Pazos.

Bueno los tengo que dejar por hoy pues tengo que regresar al futuro y a trabajar, un abrazo muy cordial a todos los hermanos del Abbey.

Yo y mi hermano estuvimos ahí desde el 67 al 74.

Hello brothers

How are you and congratulations.

If Patiño was the skinny one that was very fast, Carajo was quick and was from Caracas.

Carlos Maneiro is in contact with Miguel Luongo Angel.

I am also in contact with Natividad Cabello who is brother of Winston Cabello and cousin of Miguel Angel Luongo who were from Cumanacoa, Edo Sucre.

As you can see from the addresses I already sent a letter to Miguel Angel, to trying to make direct contact with the hope that he answers to me, and I shall re-send to you.

Also there was Frank Ibarra who was the nephew of Doña Menca de Leoni.

And Manuel Becerra and the Borges brothers,

Also was at that time the black Monterola, Enrique Aranguren whose father was the guard of Rafael Caldera.

The professor of Prep in that time was called Mr Mark, whom we called Gorilla.

The names that I remember aside from you are such as Arreaza, other that we called Barrilito whom Bro. Zua ran over with the Volkswagen van.

Also was Jose Maria Acosta de Anaco, Bartolo de Anaco, Gustavo Echeverria and Xavier Echeverria (chechito) as we called him.

Gonzalo Montiel who hurt himself in the springboard in the swimming pool, let see if Gonzalo remembers this.

Also there was a Picoli that was at the time of Rafael Echeverria.

Also there was a Jose Rivera of Caracas whom we called Trotu.

Also there was Raul Izquierdo if somebody remembers that Raul was of Saint Anthony.

Those from El Tigre were Frank Malave, Jose Malave, of the Tigrito they were the brothers Edgar and Eloy Moffie.

Of Margarita was Pedro Mata.

Also there was an English kid who was called Butterworth, and a French kid whom we called frenchy.

And an Argentinean who also lived in Caracas also the gringo Gabriel Batiste.

Also Lawrence Town, who was at the time of Fulvio and Rafael and Picoli and Bartolo another Italian of Pto La Cruz was Giorgio Medico.

Good the name arrive to my head when I am transported to the past jajajjajaja.

I and my brother Pedro were of Cumana and we had the Astoria Hotel.

Also they were the brothers Dvorak and the brothers Rockafort, Carlos and? ....

Gustavo Achong and Mario Gaston, Arturo Zavarce. Francisco Rozas, Carlos Pazos.

Good, I have to leave you for today because I must return to the future and to work, a very warm hugs to all the brothers of the Abbey.

I and my brother, we were there from the 67 to the 74.

PS: other names Alloy y Assam Garner de Anaco , Alfredo Seaforth Anaco, Roberto y Tonito Mezzana.etc....

Jajajajaj hasta pronto.

Salvador
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:31:00 -0800
Alfredo Montiel Bezara <
amontielb@megaval.com> wrote:

Los datos de :

Wniston Cabello Luongo 0416-623-0607

Miguel Angel Luongo B. 0412-423-5822

Patiño vive relativamente cerca de Miguel Ángel García en Brasil, pero no tengo los datos.

Saludos,

Alfredo.
----------------------------------------------------------------
De: Gonzalo Montiel [mailto:gonzmont253@cantv.net]
Enviado el: miércoles, 09 de enero de 2008 9:14

Miguel Angel Luongo en Caracas

Winston Cabello Luongo en Caracas

Puedo conseguir los datos, Alfredo mi hermano también los tiene.

Miguel Angel Garcia se casó con una brasilera y se quedo en Recife.

Pudiera conseguir sus datos con su hermano Mario.

Me recuerdo de Patiño pero no tengo ni idea donde anda.

I can get the information, Alfredo my brother also has them.

Miguel Angel Garcia married a Brazilian girl and stayed in Recife.

Maybe I can get the information from his brother Mario.

I remember Patiño but I do not know were he is.

Gonzalo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
De: Attila GYURIS [mailto:gyuris@yahoo.com]
Enviado el: martes, 08 de enero de 2008 23:28

Gonzalo:

Estas en contacto con alguno de los Luongo?

Que hace M.A. Garcia en Brasil?

No había otro flaco que estudio con nosotros (Patiño?)?

Attila
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Salvador Coscarart <
salborbolla@hotmail.com> wrote:

Yo me acuerdo del profesor que se llamaba Mr Williams.

El señor alto delgado moreno.

Así se llamaba el por que había otro profesor ya un poco mas mayor que se llamaba Mr Carter.

Y el chinito que era un tremendo jugador de ping pong y luego estaba el profesor venezolano que daba clases de moral y cívica y historia de Venezuela.

Tengo el nombre en la punta de la lengua pero no me acuerdo.

Bueno hasta pronto saludos a la mama de Nazy dile que es de los hijos de la dueña del Hotel Astoria en Cumana donde ella se quedaba.

I remember the professor who was called Mr Williams.

The gentleman was tall thin coloured person.

Thus he was called because there was another professor already a little older who was called Mr Carter.

And the chinito that was a tremendous ping pong player and then there was the Venezuelan professor who gave classes of civic moral and and history of Venezuela.

I have the name on the tip of my tongue, but I do not remember.

Good until soon greetings to the mother of Nazy. Tell her that it is from one the children of the owner of the Astoria Hotel in Cumana where she stayed.

Saludos

Salvador.
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:23:18 -0800
From: andres_larsen@yahoo.com

Gracias por tu ayuda desinteresada y muy útil, Salvador: de parte de Attila te pregunto: quien es el teacher moreno que esta sentado en el medio entre nosotros ?

Salvador Coscarart <salborbolla@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hola Andres,

Como estas, pues de esa foto yo solo me acuerdo de los nombres de ti, Attila, Specs, Bartolo que era de Anaco, Oscar Cantore Fulvio ,Jose Maria Acosta. Frank Malaver y Jose Malaver, Ronnie Lew el hermano de Myron a no ser que sea el mismo ( Nazy).

Josh Shoemaker , por el nombre que ahora si me acuerdo ,

Yo tenia 10 años cuando llegue en el 67.

Así que como ves te ayudare con lo que pueda cuando me venga a la memoria.

El negrito Copeland que llegó ha ser un prefecto del colegio y Nevil Tenia no se si te acuerdas de el que llego ha ser head prefect como lo hizo Paul Quesnel.

No se si tu acuerdas de eso también y de Rafael Echeveria que también fue prefecto y el gringo Batista también fue prefecto y Cecil Camacho.

Bueno espero que no te hayas vuelto loco jajajaj un abrazo .

How are you, because in that photo I only remember your names, Attila, Specs, Bartolo that was from Anaco, Oscar Cantore Fulvio, Jose Maria Acosta. Frank Malaver and Jose Malaver, Ronnie Lew, the brother of Myron unless he is the same one (Nazy). Josh Shoemaker, by the name that I now remember.

I was 10 years old when I arrived in the year 67.

So as you see I will help you with what I can, when it comes me to memory.

The negrito Copeland who made it to be a prefect of the school and Nevil Tenia I do not know if you remember he also became head prefect just as Paul Quesnel did.

I do not know if you remember also that and of Rafael Echeveria that also was prefect and the gringo Batista also was prefect and Cecil Camacho.

Good I hope that you j have not turned crazy

jajaja, a hug.

Salvador Coscarart
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:06:15 -0800
From: andres_larsen@yahoo.com

Hello Myron and Salvador,

We need some further positive identifications on this MSB Class snapshot

By the way, it is the first time in ages that I see a snapshot of our late classmate Carlos Hoefle who passed away some years back from cancer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Tim Healy [mailto:timhealy@email.com]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 21:58

OK so yuh want some input,

My brother was Mike Healy, attended mount 68 and 69.

Apparently got in a big fight with Copeland at the end of 68.

Used to be called Shortfoot and hung out with the Peter Quesnel crowd.

Anyone recall that fight?

It was the year before I came to the Mount.

Want some real input, I wrote a short story back in the early nineties.

It is too long to put in this email and I can't find the Word file right now to attach it but it is on my web page www.timhealy.net.

The story is called In Search of Image...by John Lennon.

Find it after you click on the Short Stories link at the left of the home page.

In it I share a walk I had with my first love through POS and the Savanna to 160 Belmont Circ. Rd. where she lived.

The story is fiction. In it I take liberties with events that actually happened.

Any of you remember these events? Remember her real name? Anyone wants to contribute their recollections of the events?

I wrote this story and a few others as a healing exercise during my divorce in late 80's and early 90's.

For those who do not know me, English is my third language after Dutch and Taki-Taki.

The story has not been edited.

Any support in editing will be welcomed.

As a security note: the most traumatic event I had at Mount was going back four years after graduating and finding that the view from White Stones was stolen from me by some idiots that planted Pine trees (so feel free to critique). I would pay big money to be able to sit up there today as it was 30 years ago.

God, it was so beautiful up there looking over Maracas Valley and El Tucuche always shrouded in a light blue veil and around to the Gulf of Paria.

I remember running from the top of White Stones and dipping down the steep incline at full speed so that all I could do to keep my balance was to let go until the razor grass stopped me where it levelled off and I'd lay there, looking up, high on adrenaline, feeling like a cobo that just made his first flight.

Meh hole body would be all cut-up and burning.

But the biggest cut-up would be the smile on my face.

I remember some week-ends we had off I would stay up and spend the whole week-end in the bush by myself.

I would wake up and do Vespers with the priests at 4AM.

I have been blessed.

And Skippy, Poggy, Pig and me, liming at Sabina in St James... but that's for another day.

Guys I love everything you do in this forum and Circulars, I appreciate your efforts.

I cannot contribute regularly but will do so more often.

Tarzan...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Glen Mckoy"
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 13:32:07 +0000

G#2,

You've got the blues.

I'll see you at the crossroads. You can play guitar, I play a Hammond B3 organ. OK, get Che on bass, David could sing, Hudson on Piano, Wayne on pan, hire a professional drummer so we could sound good ha ha..

I remember when we heard this big bang and a tree fell down somewhere out there, we thought one of you guys were dead.

When I came to Halifax in 1975, Ian Alphonso was here and Roger Farrah, and Hudson and other boys from Trinidad. We all came up to Saint Mary's University. I lived there for 3 years, best time of my late teens, did the same things, played music, party all week.

Ian Alphonso / always 2 classes ahead of his peers, he lives in Canada, Toronto not sure, but Hudson could find him.

He got married to a girl from Nova Scotia.

Yeah his father was one of Eric Williams doctors right. (Professor fate) Hudson and Ian was here before me, Hudson got in right after Mount.

Ian would be kissing his girl friend, he would be half drunk and still beat me at chess.

I took my game serious. ha ha

G#2 I think Jon was right be careful of who we ccing to.

I was talking to another brother and it seems to me on that last forum, it must had about 100 people reading our personal chats from all over the world that was not on the list, words from the wise ones before us.

Ain't that special, any how moving on, G#2, Tim sends me an email, asking me, if I am leaving the forum. Tim, I only saw 2 notes from you, one I'm sorry and the other one, are you leaving the forum, ah learn a few phrases from the last forum ah might have to share with you, so Mr. Forum we waiting for your input.

G#1 gone.

(Parrot Troop) proud member since 1968.......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: gevelyn1@bellsouth.net
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:46:30 +0000

G#1,

You hit the right note as the only thing I can play OK on the guitar is the minor pentatonic. Three Kings---you missed uncle BB.

Albert was the one string man and they all copied your partner Freddy.

One of them was a Booker T @ MG's but I cannot remember which.

The only white-man is Clapton and the only black man that sounds white is Cray. Smile.

As for the Den – Man, that would be Tim.

The forestry commission still looking for him for wrecking the environment.

And you were the king of mischief.

Secret places in our own back-yard.

Imagine if they had a hardware store close by.

I was probably the biggest burglar when it came to potassium nitrate, sulphur and carbon.

As soon as Kitty (the Queen of Mount, most loving Lady) turned her back the bottle of oxygen maker was gone. Leaned to blow a tree in two from Ian "Professor Fate". I turned them into perfect lean-up-on trees in one bang.

The thing I enjoyed most was the cook-ups of stolen grub from Mrs Tardeaer.

It was good times and my education suffered as a result.

I had to go back to High school in Florida at 27 years old before I could be accepted into College.

The only GCE I passed at Mt was English.

Saludos

G#2
--------------------------------------------------------
<mckoy43glen@hotmail.com>: --------------

Dear Glen,

I hear yuh man. let's get the party started again. On a musical note, Stevie Ray copy Hendrix who copy Freddy King, who copy Albert King, what's your comment on that blues brother?? Listen carefully, you can hear it so clearly. Your buddy Doug on pan, he's good man I cc. Wayne Hackett and David Decastro to check it out also.

Also I would like to say sorry to our Vene. brothers for things that was said which we had no control off, however I will add the spitting game is not an English sport.

As Bob Marley said who the cap fit let them wear it.

Let's get the ball rolling, how about some good Den building stories, Den finding and destroying, Dens that were never found. Tim might remember we had a den nobody ever found, ah get a good red belly for that one, but ah never told them where it was. Remember, Tim.

Let get back on track. Have a nice Lent day one and all,

Glen McKoy....
---------------------------------------------------------.
From: gevelyn1@bellsouth.net
>

Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 05:51:12 +0000

To you'll,

This is my last "hail out" as we should be "Hail Marying" for Lent.

A voice can do several things --teach, sell, threaten, encourage, warn and in John's case hurt. Bad for business. "Ipse Venea Bibas" Say what? Latin for --- He drank his own poison.

As students of Benedictines the new rule is quiet the criticism.

It's all about forgiveness and repentance. Put a ban on it and let us charge with our slingshots loaded.

Amen!

Glen
----------------------------------------------------------------.
It would be easier if the correspondences would be in English but you can count on my poor translation.

Ladislao

Photos:

03UN0001GRPTABLE, Reunion 2003 group looking ant photos and the CIRCULAR

03UN0035MGO, Reunion 2003 Miguel Gonzalez

07BD0005GRP, Pablo Kecskemeti, Bro. Rupert and Bro. Dorset.

07RD0004BRMPR, Bro. Rupert, Mauel Prada at Maiquetia Airport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments: