Saturday 23 February 2008

Circular No 329









Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 23 February 2008, No. 329
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
From: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:03:36 +0000

Hi Jimmy,

It’s good to hear from you, man.

I am still here in Halifax, Pam and I got married in 1977 and we are still here we have three kids, Kelly 25, Sophia 23 and John 17, Pam is still with the bank of montreal, she could retire any time.

I also was with the bank of montreal cheque processing imaging etc. for about 20yrs. then I got a package which was really good and my pension etc.

I got the same job with cibc and national bank, the operation is smaller and more personal, and I really enjoy what I do,

I'm slim as always was, still smoking cigs. not good however my health is good.

I still play guitar any kind of guitar really and any kind of style.

I played in bands on the weekends for many years in the clubs here in Nova Scotia, then it was fun then it became like a job so I stop playing in bands, but I'm always going to some jam.

Jimmy its good to hear your father has turned over the operations to you, I guess you must be have your head on well, to be in Trinidad taking care of any kind of business is a challenge.

I don't know if you know but my father passed away last year.

We still have the building on Piccadilly street its leased out.

I speak with Arron Samaroo some times he is in Toronto he and my father was very good friends.

He sold his building in P.O.S.

Sorry to hear about Pascal eh man, we had so many good times hanging out in cascade with you guys.

How are your sisters I remember them so well but it must be 30 years now.

I also remember your mum she was always kind to us, remember you would have all your swimming medals on the floor in your room.

Remember Suriname?? That was the wild days.

Jimmy Alan Juman use to call me a few years ago from Hamilton Canada, I think they had a factory there, but I stopped hearing from him, and don't know what happened to him, is he back in Trinidad??

Man I'm always coming to Trinidad but some how I end up on a beach in Cuba or Dominican Republic, but I have to make a trip to Trinidad next year.

So, yuh married, single, gay, have kids what the hell going on man ??

Hudson is a bank manager with the Royal, his wife is also a loans manager with the Royal, his son also work with Royal,

Every body is well, Hudson see plenty people in Toronto and he goes to Trinidad all the time.

Man, here in Nova Scotia if I see a Trinidadian they come here by accident.

I will cc. this email to some of the old boys so they too can contact you.

Come and visit, Take care best of the season to your and your family.

Glen McKoy
80 Adelaide Ave Halifax, N.S
Canada B3N2N8
902-443-5437

----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:53:20 -0800
From: jimsamtnt@yahoo.com

Hi Glen,

It’s been a very long time. Got your address from Neil. HOW ARE YOU MAN ?

Still playing the guitar, i remember you were very gifted in that area.

Well i am here in Trini, trying to survive, my father has retired and i am now running the show,

i run a racing pool in Curepe, Sams Racing Service.

Good business, the only problem is the people, i am tired of dealing with ignorant assholes, crime here is getting worse, the people don’t want to work, only party.

I was living in Florida for a few years till my father wanted me to come and help him,

now he is living in Florida, all my sisters and family.

i am here just working and taking care of everybody.

So what are you doing with yourself?

How is Hudson and the rest of the family? Say hi for me.

Take care of yourself, all the best, hope to hear from you soon, later Jimmy.

the abbey memories............................
-------------------------------------------------------------.

Glen Mckoy
Monday, June 25, 2007 6:19:36 AM

Dear Ladislao,

You are doing such an excellent job with the circulars it will be sad if you are not in charge of things or pass it on,

I think you need some more help of course. I cannot help with the web page, but I will be glad to put money in the pot, if you needed to hire someone part time, to help with the photos, circular input, whatever but you should be back at that happy zone where the hobby does not become a full time job right, I think that is what i got from this June 2007. No.292 circular.

We love you man, god bless Glen McKoy.....Its summer time in Nova Scotia so I have to get some sun, so I am not on the computer much , and then September comes and its cold again.

I hope to meet you one of these days, my father has a building in Port-of-Spain, of which I am part owner so I will have to visit Trinidad some time this year or next year, my mother and sister is in Trinidad visiting.

bye for now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
...Wayne Hackett
Glen Mckoy ...
Monday, December 10, 2007 11:41:35 AM

I was just speaking to Wayne Hackett in Miami, he was heading go work, he's still playing pan on the weekends, I understand he is a very good pan player.

On the mount Wayne played drums with us, for those of you who were at the World Jamboree in Barbados when we played there representing Trinidad.

Anyhow good to hear from Wayne this is his phone number in Miami (954-732-4797)

I guess we will have to organize a jam in Miami with the amount of old boy there. I gave him my email, when I get his I will send it on.

Best of the season to all,

Glen Mckoy /Nova Scotia/ it just keeps snowing.............
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:04:10 +0000

Hello Azizul,

How the hell are you man ?? Good to hear from you man, will pass this email on to the guys.

Glen McKoy my email ( mckoy43glen@hotmail.com ) my phone( 902-443-5437) Aziz I live in Nova Scotia just pass Boston on the east coast..

Hudson is in Toronto his phone number is (905-542-7782) Aziz did you and Gerald Khan stay in contact, never see or hear from Gerald since we left the mount.

Glen will be in contact.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: azizul mohammed <salo00011@hotmail.com>
Date: December 18, 2007 10:13:20 AM GMT-05:00

hey mono

I spoke to salvador bout 2 days ago. I was so happy, since I left school I have lost contact with every1 .

Bout 3 weeks ago I stumbled onto this blog by mistake and was shocked I never knew that the old boys ever got together.

Hey I live in NJ and at the next get together I will be there tell all the guys I say hi I cannot wait to meet everyone pls lets stay in touch

azizul mohammed

cell 718 702 2263
--------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: Carnival 2008 Get Together
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:43:05 -0400

Hello Hudson,

I wish I could be there!

Keep well.

Don
----------------------------------------------------------------.
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 12:17 AM
Subject: Carnival 2008 Get Together

Hello Mount Boys, Girls & Affiliates:

This is just a friendly proposal to get together in Trinidad for Carnival 2008 for a drink and to make acquaintances. I would like to suggest we meet at the:

CRICKET WICKET BAR & RESTAURANT : (868-622-1808: Dave Horsham)

Friday 1st February 2008

149 Tragarete Road, Port of Spain. (opposite the Queen's Park Oval)

Time: 7:00 pm UNTIL...

Ask for Dave or his brother & leave your NAME, PHONE#, AND LENGTH OF STAY IF YOU ARE JUST VISITING.

You can call & leave a message at: 868-662-5292 & ask for Hudson or Lynda McKoy or email: hudsonmckoy@aol.com. or in Canada: 905-542-7782.

Please bring your family & friends so we can meet them as we are all still one big famiy.

Please pass this message to all Mount Boys on your mailing list or phone & let them know.

Last time i checked it only took about 1/2 hour to fly from Venezuela to Trinidad, so feel free to come over and join the party.

Other contacts in Trinidad are:

Winston Ramsahai (868-742-2758)

Joseph Berment (868-678-8731)

Please make any necessary changes to phone numbers if any of these are obsolete.

Enough said -> be there of be square.

Thanks, Hudson McKoy. Abbey School MSB 1969-1974. Laundry Tag # 103.
---------------------------------------------------------------.
Don Mitchell CBE QC ...
Monday, December 3, 2007 7:35:03 AM

Hello to everyone,

I was so glad to read the minutes and to see the planning in progress. I am going to copy this to Ladislao with the minutes. There is nothing confidential in the minutes, so I hope you will agree that they should be sent to Ladislao to publish in one of his Circulars.

It was good to meet so many "old boys" in October. I hope that the planning goes well.

I am really writing because I have a suggestion. You may want to consider hiring a professional event planner for the Reunion Dinner. A few dollars added to the tickets will be well worth the reduction in harassment to the few of you who will otherwise have to do all the planning. Besides, there are professionals who do this for a living, and it is not so difficult for them as it is for us. You may even be able to get a discount if you can offer it as an annual event.

I am looking forward to receiving the promised photos. My address is PO Box 83, Anguilla, British West Indies.

Keep well.

Don
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Monday, December 10, 2007 8:06:12 PM

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for the input.

I am sure you going to like the next Circular, one by Jon Golding.

Please remember that the Circular lives because ALUMNI like you write.

Now let´s forget the meeting, its agenda or lack of planning.

Can you give me a couple of lines on the people that went to the meeting, were there friends??, at least some that you finally met after having read their emails through the years??.

As Jon wrote and you shall read, really all that remains are friends and our wish to meet them.
The Reunion should have been focused in a different way and surely the agenda was not transmitted to a larger group of ALUMNI, there was no Agenda to be published so none was sent to the Circular.

From Don´s email, the Circular and the blog page did not exist for that layer of ALUMNI that organized the Reunion, half of those mentioned in the INVITATION are receiving the Circular, since 2003, so no excuse.

Luckily I did not attend as I am sure I would have been a total stranger to the event. I am glad that the party afterwards helped to return the happy mood.

What are your thought on the 2008 Reunion?? I would like to attend but with the aim of having a good time, and meet friends with whom I have corresponded over the years.

I must finish, I am sure that I am boring you with my journalist questioning. (I am a graduated Electronic Engineer and I hate to write)

God Bless

Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: stuart henderson stuart@cablenett.net
Sent: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:07 pm
Subject: Notes on Old Boys Assoc

Hi Ladislao,

1. I agree with Don Mitchell's points to a large extent; however an agenda for a meeting should be circulated before so persons may have a good idea as to what they will be attending. Had I (or some others) known of all the "extra curricular" charitable causes and efforts that were planned, I / they may have not attended.

2. Although attending the "committee meeting" on November 11th from 3 - 4pm. I only received the minutes via your e mail 2 days ago. That meeting was to start at 3pm and so I left home in Westmoorings at 2pm (Sunday) to get there well in time. The next two persons showed at 3.25 and 3.40 pm - by which time i realized the punctuality problem of the others who apparently all live much closer in the Tunapuna /St Augustin area. Having allocated one hour to the meeting, I left as politely as i could at 4pm.

3. I doubt very much I can be enticed to again join the commitee.

Regards

Stuart Henderson
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sunday, December 2, 2007 5:09:55 PM

Since nobody of the official committee has an answer then I am sending this request to all Circular readers.

Maybe the names are of ALUMNI and maybe they should be included in the list of ALUMNI since the original list of the school has been lost.

Dear friends,

You must have received Circular No. 317, I need you comment as it is important to the Circular.

The following appear in the list of donors together with your name.

Are these ALUMNI, as you know I am after all alumni so they do not get lost in the oblivium. (black hole)

I am sure that the names with *** is because the bursar just did not know the right spelling, can you mend?

W Ki*****

G Ler***

Rory Pasea

Zepheryn Robinson

Rangi Persad

Gabriel Farier

Can you help??? From the minutes that I have received from Don, there is going to be a revision of the list and only after consultations, the names and emails are going to be published. Well thought off!! For the same reason the Circular does not send out emails addresses.

Since the Circular has over 50% of the names of those that appear in the photos that ALUMNI sent in, we would like to send out information and requesting it to get a better insight of the reunion. Can you help?? Maybe you can FW Circular No. 317 to those that I named?

God Bless

Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
This Circular is being sent ahead of time because during this carnival we stayed at home, while we let the rest of the people leave the city, about 2 million.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
56??HM0012HMABAND, Unknown

07LK0095GRP, Dinner in Caracas, Pedro Castro, Urbano de Fedak, Bro. Joseph Dorset
07LK0094GRP, Dinner in Caracas, Manuel Prada, Pedro Castro, Urbano de Fedak
07LK0097GRP, Dinner in Caracas, Bro.Joseph Dorset, Bernard Fontaine, Carlos Dvorak

No comments: