Saturday 3 May 2008

Circular No 339





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 3 of May 2008. No 339

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

Interesting exchanges, and news on Abraham Laquis.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"gevelyn1@bellsouth.net"

Thursday, February 7, 2008 7:46:30 AM

G#2,

You've got the blues, I'll see you at the crossroads, you can play guitar, I play a Hammond B3 organ o.k get Che on bass.

David could sing, Hudson on Piano, Wayne on pan, hire a professional drummer so we could sound good ha ha..

I remember when we heard this big bang and a tree fell down somewhere out here, we thought one of you guys were dead.

When I came to Halifax in 1975, Ian Alphonso was here and Roger Farrah, and Hudson and other boys from Trinidad, we all came up to Saint Mary's University, I lived there for 3 years, best time of my late teens, did the same things played music, party all week Ian Alphonso / always 2 classes ahead of his peers, he lives in Canada, Toronto not sure, but Hudson could find him.

He got married to a girl from Nova Scotia.

Yeah his father was one of Eric Williams doctors right. (Professor fate) Hudson and Ian was here before me, Hudson got in right after mount.

Ian would be kissing his girl friend, he would be half drunk and still beat me at chess.

I took my game serious. ha ha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

G#2 I think Jon was right be careful of who we cc. ing to.

I was talking to another brother and it seems to me on that last forum it must had about 100 people reading our personal chats from all over the world that was not on the list, words from the wise ones before us.

Ain't that special, any how moving on, G#2, Tim sends me an email, asking me, if I am leaving the forum, Tim, I only saw 2 notes from you, one I'm sorry and the other one, are you leaving the forum, ah learn a few phrases from the last forum ah might have to share with you, so mr. forum we waiting for your input...............

G#1gone. (parrot troop) proud member( since 1968).......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

G#1,

You hit the right note as the only thing I can play OK on the guitar is the minor pentatonic.

Three Kings---you missed uncle BB. ---- Albert was the one string man and they all copied your partner Freddy.

One of them was a Booker T @ MG's but I cannot remember which.

The only white-man is Clapton and the only black man that sounds white is Cray. Smile.

As for the Den-Man that would be Tim.

The forestry commission still looking for him for wrecking the environment.

And you were the king of mischief.

Secret places in our own back-yard.

Imagine if they had a hardware store close by.

I was probably the biggest burglar when it came to potassium nitrate, sulphur and carbon.

As soon as Kitty ( the Queen of Mount most loving Lady) turned her back the bottle of oxygen maker was gone.

Learned to blow a tree in two from Ian "Professor Fate".

I turned them into perfect lean-up-on trees in one bang.

The thing I enjoyed most was the cook-ups of stolen grub from Mrs Tardeaer.

It was good times and my education suffered as a result.

I had to go back to High school in Florida at 27 years old before I could be accepted into College.

The only GCE I passed at Mt was English.

Saludos G#2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Glen Mckoy

Thursday, February 7, 2008 6:20:17 AM

Dear Glen,

I hear yuh man.

Let's get the party started again, on a musical note, Stevie Ray copy Hendrix who copy Freddy King, who copy Albert King, what's your comment on that blues brother??

listen carefully you can hear it so clearly.

Your buddy Doug on pan, he's good man I cc.

Wayne Hackett and David Decastro to check it out also.

Also I would like to say sorry to our Vene. brothers for things that was said which we had no control off, however I will add the spitting game is not an English sport.

As Bob Marley said who the cap fit let them wear it.

Lets get the ball rolling, how about some good Den building stories, Den finding and destroying, Dens that was never found, Tim might remember we had a den nobody ever found , ah get a good red belly for that one, but ah never told them where it was, remember Tim.

Let get back on track,

Have a nice lent day one and all,

Glen McKoy....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com

Subject: RE: Michelle

Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 15:03:07 +0000

Hello,

Lover boy Tarzan that is when your and I started to go different ways, went you hit that Tobago love, and start to walk around with that stupid look on your face.

I don't know what ah do with that picture Michelle give meh (just kidding),

You would die for ah picture her, well ah go ask she husband for yuh o.k

Bushboy should only have encounters not relationships.

Talking about Wayne Chan meh buddy, bad as hell but I always liked Wayne always was good to me.

Tim you remember the time you and Wayne get in the fight outside the cafeteria, so ah think you punch Wayne in the face, Wayne drop yuh on the ground , he pull back his arm fist tight, ready to punch yuh in the face, ah run out the crowd and grab Wayne arm, and ah tell yuh it took meh whole body to hold back his arm.

Father Odo swing the corner fight done, hear Wayne, ah go get yuh, me and meh big mouth, well Wayne you better kill meh, because you better don't fall asleep..

For me it was more treats than fights.

Wayne some mental problems, but a loyal buddy.

Coscarat how the hell you could kiss a girl with that nose, another wild Vene.

I could say that because I was part of the wild and crazy bunch.

Big Hi to Mono, very good friend to share a joke with.

Love you stupid ignorant idiots. G#1,

How about the nice and quiet bunch, these guys did not fight, they concentrated more on things like studying, Hudson, Winston and the rest of the nice boys.

G#1 back in town. later (remember#1-Respect for MSB thank you my brothers for all the support in the storm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: timhealy@email.com

Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:27:45 +0800

Subject: Michelle

I would die for a picture of Michelle.

I remember Gwynneth very well she was Pedro's girlfriend.

As a matter of fact it was because of Gwynneth that John got beat up the last nigth he was up Mount.

You know her son got killed last year in a bad wreck, pictures of his body on the highway were on the front page of the Express.

I tried to get some contact info on her back then but could not.

Now that you mention Jennifer I have a faint recollection.

In my short story I call Pedro's girlfriend Jennifer because I could not find a spelling for Gwynneth.

Thanks for that too.

Also thanks for that picture with Glen, Wayne Chang and me in the front row.

Glen made a copy of that picture for me a few years back but I lost it during my move to TN.

Hang tight,

Bushboy

----- Original Message -----------------------------------------------------.

From: "Salvador Coscarart"

Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 18:00:26 -0600

Men, I tell you you did an excellent job with the email you send, and I have also gone thru your web site and it is awesome, all the pictures of mardigras .

When you mention the name of Michelle ,I have a picture that I took with her in maracas beach when I went to the beach with her and Jennifer and Gwennyth trestle,do you remember them, they were in the same group.

I also have a picture of Gwennyth in girl scouts uniform at mount . .

I will scanned the photos and will send then to you .

Okey my brother you take care and god bless.

Salvador.

ps: i have attached 2 photos. Me on the job and the other your group at mt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------.

Round 2‏

From: Glen Mckoy (mckoy43glen@hotmail.com)

Sent: Tue 2/12/08 2:33 PM

Thank you very much, I will keep that in my drafts.

Now that am I here with you. I should ask , are you o.k, with title ,the List Maker ?? (Godfather?)
Any comments or questions you may have about whats happening ??

How do you feel ?? I hope the assignments of receiving members problems are rare?? I did not know where else to send it .

I did not choose to be in this position, I suddenly got this inspiration to write, also by the true working bees like yourselves, I felt the extra need to contribute in some way, I am looking forward to us having a wonderful year, of working together in making this year, the year of, - I AM PROUD TO BE A MOUNT BOY - that's as far as I got , so Help...where are we going from here ?? I need some input , Jon / Glen ,( Che my brother in arms). feed back, feed back.. now that I feel this bond .

with you gentlemen,

Faithfully yours

Glen McKoy...

----------------------------------------------------------------.

From:gevelyn1@bellsouth.net

Sent: Fri 2/08/08 7:18 PM

Would you believe I ran into one of those girls here in Ft Lauderdale.

Said she was in love with Frank Holmes.

Long black hair, sharp nails, high heels and dressed to kill.

After 1/2 hour talking in Spanish my wife said "OK the moon went out of that honey long ago." Time to go home."

What about Mr Julian and Mr Carter.

I used to slide the history book off the desk with a band and Mac would say "Leave it there it won't fall any further"

----------------------------------------------------------------.

Alain Laquis (aalmed@gmail.com)

Fri 5/09/08 12:06 AM

Attachments: Pic of Ab...jpg (14.1 KB)

Dear Ladislao

With regards to my father Abraham Laquis, I wish to inform you all of the following on his behalf.

I am with him now at Jackson Memorial Hospital, for which he has been an inpatient for over two months.

We were browsing the Internet and came across "The Abbey School" website.

He was happy to read the newsletters posted and reminisced of the good ole days with his peers.

He has asked that I inform you, his friends and classmates, of his present situation.

Last August he was diagnosed with Lymphoma, and began receiving treatment in Florida at Jackson Memorial.

In December after receiving several rounds of chemo he was given a clean bill of health and was allowed to return home for Christmas.

In early January symptoms of the lymphoma reoccurred and he was immediately returned to Florida for further treatment.

He has been in the Hospital ever since and has been receiving aggressive treatment with hope of being able to receive a Stem cell Transplant.

He has become extremely week and fragile, but his spirit is strong and he continues to fight, and has asked to send his regards to all and has asked that you notify also Urbano and Dr. Farcheg of his present situation.

The support and love shown throughout his illness has been his strength. He has asked me to ask you to keep him in your prayers.

Your Prayers and thoughts

Any replies you may please email annielaquis@hotmail.com

Regards

Alain Laquis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Art & Val Knaggs (av_knaggs@hotmail.com)

Sent: Thu 2/14/08 5:53 PM

Thanks for the info Trev, am working on the list from Nigel, and will try and get some computer time to send something to him.

KIT,

Art

--------------------------------------------------------------.

From: tevelyn@rogers.com

Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:05:03 -0500

Arthur

To my knowkedge the boarding school started in 1944.

I believe the first students were John Darwent, John Mendes, J.D.Miller, Emuel Mendes, Stanley Raymond, Matthews no first name, Jack Knaggs

The bunch from Guyana arrived on April 22nd 1945.

We were housed in the building at the bottom of the path leading to the new school

In that building was Br. Michael and his bakery next to that was the refectory ?

the classes were held in the 2 buildings across from there .

I remember the names of some of the ones in 45 Tony Gomes Scipio Soodeen Charles Prada who went AWL and caused quite a stir.

Clive Bettencourt Gomes, John Willems, Anthony Willems, Brian Gonsalves, Bunny Gonsalves, Terence Gonsalves, David Serrao, Hamil Marcelin, BIG Arneaud, cannot remember his first name.

My brain hurts can go no further.

I tried hope this helps

Regards

Trev

-----------------------------------------------------------------.

From:
Andres Larsen (andres_larsen@yahoo.com)

Sent: Sun 2/10/08 8:55 PM

carlos alberto maneiro luongo wrote:

Hola Andres

Te saludo realmente no me acuerdo de ti, pero me alegra que seamos ex compañeros del Abbey,

Tengo entendido que Rozas murió hace mucho tiempo en un accidente de moto, me lo contó el enano en Cumana,

Yo estoy viviendo en la isla de Margarita, aquí vive Pedro Mata que lo conocí por casualidad viviendo en Chacopata donde se caso con una chama del pueblo.

Yo vivo en la Urb Jorge Coll y trabajo en la estación de servicio CCM que esta al lado del Sambil, donde estoy a la orden.

No nombres a Americo Oliveros (cachapa), la última vez que lo vi vivía en Caripe y era profesor de ingles.

Bueno hasta otra ocasión.

Saludos

I really greet you but I do not remember you, but I am happy that we are ex- companions of the Abbey,

I understand that Rozas died long ago in a motorcycle accident, the enano told me in Cumana,

I I am living in Margarita island, Pedro Mata lives here that I by chance met him living in Chacopata where he married with a girl of the town.

I live in the Urb Jorge Coll and work in a gas station CCM that is next to the Sambil, where I am at your service.

Do not name Americo Oliveros (cachapa), the last time that I saw lived in Caripe and was professor of ingles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be easier if the correspondences would be in English but you can count on my poor translation.

Ladislao

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos:

08LK0426LKEGRP, Dr. Rodolfo Aumaitre and your Editor

60IF0017IFAGRP, UNKNOWN and Isaias Farcheg

08AL0001ALA, Abraham Laquis

XXUN0001AQUALADS, UNKNOWNS??? HELP,MAYDAY.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: