Saturday 2 August 2008

Circular No 352





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 2 August 2008 No.352

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

Please let me remind you that the photos you send to Don´s Blog do not reach me, so they are not included in the Circulars.

I just received a memorable photo, Fr. Bernard and Bro. Vincent at the Sports Field.

I need additional photos, if you sent it to the Blog, please include me in the CC, so that it may be circulated.

There are many ALUMNI who do not access the Blog, but receive the Newsletter, just as the reverse is true.

In this issue we record the passing away of Abraham Laquis.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News on Myron and Laquis

Salvador Coscarart

Monday, June 23, 2008 10:49:47 PM

He is in our prayers ,and may god bless his soul, amen.

My condolence to the family.

Salvador Coscarart Abbey Boy 67-74.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Jon Golding

Monday, June 23, 2008 9:45:19 PM

Dear Norman

This was indeed sad news!

It seemed not that long ago I met him at mass at Assumption Church on my return to TT after 38 years abroad.

He was the same gentle, smiling and warm person I remembered from the early Mount days.

He is already in my prayers and has a place in my fond memories for years to come.

Take care of yourself.

Jon Golding

Also on behalf of my brothers Geoffrey and Ian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Carlos Dvorak

Monday, June 23, 2008 5:23:05 PM

He is in our prayers too.

Muy Atentamente,

Carlos & Zoraida

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Rafael Echeverría

Monday, June 23, 2008 5:05:33 PM

Abraham will be in our prayers,

Rafael (CheChe) & Norma

----------------------------------------------------------------------------....

Peter Tang

Monday, June 23, 2008 9:11:07 AM

He is surely in our prayers

Kind regards

Peter & Melissa

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

On Jun 23, 2008, at 3:47 PM, "Norman Gabriel" <norman@normangabrielltd.com>

To All Old Boys of the Abbey School

Please pray for the soul of Abraham Laquis who died on June 10, 2008 after battling Lymphoma Cancer for a period of 10 months.

He leaves to mourn his wife Anne, his five children and seventeen grand children.

He attended The Abbey School from 1950 to 1956 and is best remember by those of us during this time as the boy that ran the Parlor and succeeded in turning a profit for the school.

May his soul rest in peace and may he find eternal happiness in heaven.

Norman Gabriel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Andres Larsen

Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:46:27 PM

NAZI

That's how I remember you !!

It has been a real pleasure to hear from you, at one point I thought you were in Germany, and since them we never heard from you.

Probably Andrés Larsen knew but also for some time I did not see Andrés.

Me agrada si vienes a Caracas podemos vernos en algún momento.

Pronto te escribo nuevamente,

Alfredo Montiel Bezara

MSB 67-72

-----------------------------------------------------------------------.

Andres Larsen

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:12:05 AM

Alfredo,

De verdad sentimos tu ausencia el 22.11.2008 cuando tuvimos la cena anual de pizzas variadas en el Mamma Nostra de Altamira.

Esta vez, aparte de nuestro acostumbrado anfitrión Laszlo Kertesz, estuvimos presentes Father Rupert y Brother Joseph, ambos sorpresivamente en persona, de Mount St Benedict, Myron, también llamado Ronnie, Lew y su señora (yo tenía 38 años que no había visto a Myron) y el suscrito.

La pasamos muy bien pero Laszlo nos debe las fotos que Brother Joseph nos hizo, hasta la luz del día de hoy.

No pierdo la esperanza que Laszlo las llegue a publicar en una de sus Circulares futuras.

Luego hubo otra reunión ampliada el 29.11.2008 pero sin los dos benedictinos que ya Bro. Rupert habia regresado a Trinidad.

Vamos a ver si logramos ubicarte a Rausseo.

No me acuerdo de su nombre pero ya te lo vamos a averiguar.

Entiendo que Carlos Dvorak ahora trabaja de tesorero con Oscar Cantore en su contratista petrolera Aincosa en Anaco.

Carlos Dvorak paró lo que estaba haciendo con Mirko Internacional en el Aeropuerto Internacional de Maiquetia.

Cordial saludo

Andres Larsen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Alfredo Montiel Bezara <amontielb@megaval.com> wrote:

Andrés,

Q tal ?

Oscar Cantore esta en búsqueda del Teléfono de Rausseo, MSB + 196.....

Tal ves tú o Ladislao puedan saber del teléfono y/o e-mail para que Oscar pueda contactarlo.

Favor puedes llamar a Oscar 0414-839-7507 / 0416-682-2020 / 0412-837-0196 o bien re-enviarle a Ladislao para referirle la información de búsqueda.

Un abrazo y avísame del próximo encuentro que me tienen olvidado.

Un abrazo y todo lo mejor !!!

Alfredo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: mlew@cantv.net

Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:07:44 -0430

Hi Salvador,

It has been a long time since I have had any contact with mount boys who went to school during the 6 years I spent in mount.

Actually I have had more contact with the older generation like Urbano v. Fedak who I know from the german church in caracas.

Also his brother Mathias I see often when he goes to play tennis at the Caracas Sports Club were I am a member.

I am also in touch with Pedro Castro, his brother Reinaldo, who is now working in the german church and Donald Goddard, whom I know from the time I worked in the oil industry for ten years in Maraven.

I do remember you and your mother and the hotel where we always used to stay when we went to Cumana.

I think I have only gone back once more when I took my wife to see where we use to live in Tunapuy, pasando carupano where my father was a doctor.

Let me tell you a little bit about what I have been doing since I left mount (63-69) and provide some correct information since andres larsen did not get all the information correct.

I went to St.Marys University in Halifax, Canada, for one year, since my brother had gone there.

Then I followed my brother to memorial university in newfoundland, canada, where I obtained a bachelors degree in geology.

From there I returned to Venezuela and worked in the Ministerio de Minas with Donald Goddard for about six months before I went back to Canada, Windsor, University in Windsor, Ontario.

There I did my masters degree in geology and my thesis was the study of the natural solar pond that exists in the island of grand roque in the archipelago Los Roques.

In windsor I met my wife and once I finished I left for Gottingen, Germany, where I did a Phd in Geochemistry.

I returned to Venezuela and worked one year in Intevep and nine years at Maraven.

In 1991, I left Maraven and went into the wholesale jewelry business where I continue to work.

Actually, I just came back today with my wife from New York, where we attended a jewelry show.

I have a house in boca raton and we come and go about once a month.

I have two boys, Misha (23) and Yuri (21), they are both in university in canada.

Misha is at work in Toronto studying economics and Yuri is in Carleton University in Ottawa studying computer science.

Misha played professional tennis until last year but that did not go too good.

When he was 12 he spent two years at the Niki Pilic Academy in Munich.

I will send you pictures of him with the current australian open champion Novak Djokovich.

With regards to the nazi name, that was the name given to my brother while in mount and once I got there they also called me nazi.

I think it had to do with my brother speaking german, I was not that fluent at that time. Actually my mother is german and my father ukrainian.

The Ronnie is what my mother still calls me but my real name is Myron, a common ukrainian name.

I am returning to Venezuela on the 9th and I will send you some pictures of the family once I am there.

I am glad that all is going well with you and your family.

By the way, how is your mother doing? My regards to her.

If you ever come to Florida let me know, maybe I might be here and we can get together.

All the best

Myron

----------- Mensaje Original --------------

De: Salvador Coscarart [salborbolla@hotmail.com]

Fecha: 29/01/2008 16:12:57

Hola Ronnie .

Espero que tu y tu familia estén todos bien y también tu mama.

Aquí estoy viviendo en Lafayette Louisiana y mi hermano Pedro en St.Petersburg Florida.

Después del Mount nos vinimos a estudiar aquí en Louisiana State University en Baton Rouge Louisiana. Y nos quedamos por aquí.

Yo casado desde el 80 y con tres hijos ya todos graduados en physical therapy.

El mayor casado y el segundo para casarse en mayo 17 y mi hija de 21 también con su fiance para casarse muy pronto así como ves ya la nueva generación de los Coscarart para adelante jajajaj.

Pedro también casado dos veces y cuatro hijos el mayor de 23 y 21 3 1 y medio jajajajajaj.

Parece a un conejito.

Bueno veo por el e-mail que me mando Andres Larsen que estas muy bien también.

Un cordial saludo y abraso que dios los protejas y los cuide siempre. Salvador coscarart.abbey boy 67-74.

I hope that your and your family is all good and also your mother.

I am living in Lafayette Louisiana and my brother Pedro in St.Petersburg Florida.

After Mount we came to study here in Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge Louisiana.

And we remained this way.

I am narried since 80 and with three children already all graduated in physical therapy.

The eldest is married and the second is to marry in 17 May and my daughter of 21 also with his fiance to marry in any moment, as you see already the new generation of the Coscarart for ahead jajajaj.

Pedro also married twice and four children the eldest is 23 and 21 3 1 and jajajajajaj.

He seems to be a conejito.

Good, I see by the email that Andres Larsen sent me that you are very well also.

A warm greeting and hugs that God protect you and take care always.

----------------------------------------------------------------.

RE: Aqua lads reunion‏

From: Glen Mckoy (mckoy43glen@hotmail.com)

Sent: Mon 5/05/08 5:13 PM

Dear Henri,

This sounds like a very good gesture for Br. Rupert, he is a very good person, and some thanks should be given for the attention he gave to the Aqua Lads for so many years, I am in total support of this event and wish you all the best in your efforts.

Best Regards

Glen McKoy. (International Committee member)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 07:58:51 -0700

From: el_tuchuche@yahoo.com

Subject: Aqua lads reunion

Everybody,

Aqua Lads (and Lasses) are planning a reunion for Br. Rupert .

there was a preliminary planning meeting yesterday............the following was decided...

Date: Oct 4th, 2008

Location: Ortinola Estate, Maracus Valley

Follow-up meeting planned for June 15th, 08

Price: estimated 200 TTD/ person

Agenda:

we are thinking to present Br with a montage of old Aqua lads photos, so please send me copies that you think he may appriciate.

We are also thinking of having a representative for each year to give a small "speech" of funny stuff that happened over the years.

The real plan is to just get everyone together for old talk and laughs.......remember life is short.

suggestions welcome..............

Henri A. Mendoza

P.S: please spread the word............

-----------------------------------------------------------------------.

FW: other musicians‏

From: Glen Mckoy (mckoy43glen@hotmail.com)

Sent: Sun 4/20/08 10:59 PM

Hello Gerald and Stuart, Nigel, just told me about you guy, well wanted to say Hi, and please tell us of your band, on the mount like what years, some names of members, any comments, would be welcome.

Best Regards Glen McKoy. Nova Scotia / Canada.

------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca

Subject: Re: Sunday ,song-check/ MSB House Band / GeeGee&CheChe /

Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:02:20 -0400

Glen,

Just a suggestion.

You might want to contact / include Stuart Monplaisir and Gerald Kenny in any music sessions you're planning.

Nigel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Sunday ,song-check/ MSB House Band / GeeGee&CheChe /‏

From: Glen Mckoy (mckoy43glen@hotmail.com)

Sent: Sun 4/20/08 7:32 PM

We, the love generation, Brother Musicians, G#2 & CheChe, (Spoon, bottle and rhythm players, please go, to the backup, vocals section, of the band, Thank You.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Sunday, song check/ Lean on me / by Bill Withers.

D (D Em F#m) G (G F#m Em) D D A

Sometimes, in our lives, We all have pain, we all have sorrow, D G D A D

But if we are wise We know that there's, always tomorrow.

D G D A

Lean on me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on.

D G D A D

For, it won't be long, till I'm gonna need some body to lean on

Please swallow your pride. If I have things you need to borrow.

For no one can fill. Those of your needs that you won't let show.

D A D

You just call on me brother when you need a hand.

We all need somebody to lean on D A D

I just might have a problem that you'll understand. We all need somebody to lean on.

If there is a load. You have to bear, that you can't carry.

I'm right up the road. I'll share your load, if you just call me. -

( G#1 - 2 - U )

(PLEASE CONTACT GLEN for the final edition and chords.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Sorry for the delay, still remodelling my home and it is getting rough for me to stay upto date.

Ladislao, Ed.

Now to the photo section.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

65AG0002AQUALADS, Atilla and other in a swimming meet

08ML0284FAM, Myron Lew and sons.

01ML0001MLESCHOOL, Another photo taken in 2001

56CJ0001FBEBVI, Fr.Bernard and Bro.Vincent at a Sports Meet.

No comments: